How can we help you?

Car insurance

  • Can I drive my car in Europe and abroad?
    Belongs to: My cover , Car insurance
    Yes, you have Comprehensive insurance cover to drive your car in most European countries. You can travel for up to 180 days in a given year - but no single trip can be longer than 90 days. You don't...
    Last updated: 12/10/2016
  • Can I drive other cars?
    Belongs to: My cover , Car insurance
    Yes, provided you meet the following criteria: You're the main driver and policy holder. You're aged 25 years from the start date or last renewal date of your policy. You don't own the car, and d...
    Last updated: 07/05/2018
  • Do I need business use?
    Belongs to: My cover , Car insurance
    Business use You need business use cover if you or your spouse/partner need to use your insured car for driving to different business sites or attending prearranged meetings away from your normal p...
    Last updated: 14/08/2018
  • When do I get a courtesy car?
    Belongs to: My cover , Car insurance
    You'll receive your courtesy car only when you've been in an accident and you use our repairer network. You can keep the car for either 21 days or until the repairs on your insured car have been comp...
    Last updated: 14/08/2018
  • What's a policy excess?
    Belongs to: My cover , Car insurance
    An excess is an insurance term for the sum of money you'll need to pay if you have to make a claim. You must pay your excess before we can deal with/settle your claim. Your total policy excess is co...
    Last updated: 28/02/2017
Insurance is arranged by Aviva UK Digital Limited trading as Registered in England No. 09766150. Registered Office: St Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Policies are underwritten and administered by Aviva Insurance Limited. Registered in Scotland, No. 2116. Registered Office: Pitheavlis, Perth PH2 0NH. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.