- You'll receive your courtesy car only when you've been in an accident and you use our repairer network.
- You can keep the car for either 21 days or until the repairs on your insured car have been completed (whichever is earlier).
- You do not receive a courtesy car as standard if your insured car is stolen or written off.
- If your car is stolen or written off, you'll need the hire car add on to receive a car to keep you mobile while we handle your claim.
- Both our courtesy car and hire car cover will usually provide you with a small 3 door, 1 litre hatchback model.
You can add hire car cover to your policy by following the steps below:
- Log into your My account (opens in a new window).
- Scroll down to "My policies" section.
- Find the car insurance policy you wish to change and select "Change policy".
- Select the option to "Change or add cover".
- Select "Hire car" and proceed to make any payments.
Please note that this cover won't apply to any claims that have already happened.