We're sad that you're leaving us. Hopefully, we'll be together again in the future.
To cancel, simply:
- Log into your My account (opens in a new window).
- Scroll down to "My policies" section.
- Find the car insurance policy you wish to cancel and select "Cancel policy".
- On the next page please choose the date you want the cancellation to take place please note that if your policy hasn't started yet you'll need to select your start date as the date of cancellation.
- You'll then have the option to tell us why you're cancelling your policy.
- The next page details any cancellation fee or refund you owe/are due.
- Click to accept the Electronic declaration of Insurance Certificate Surrender.
- Now click on the "Cancel policy" button.
- You will now have cancelled your policy with us.
Please refer to your policy documents for all cancellation rights.
What are the cancellation fees?
- If you cancel before your policy start date you'll receive a full refund.
- Cancel within 14 days from your policy start date you'll be charged a £25 (plus Insurance Premium Tax where applicable) cancellation fee as well as a pro-rata fee for the time you've been covered.
- Cancel more than 14 days from your policy start date you'll be charged a £50 (plus Insurance Premium Tax where applicable) cancellation fee as well as a pro-rata fee for the time you've been covered.
- For more details on our cancellation terms and conditions please refer to the 'General Conditions' section of your policy document.
How can I cancel a policy if the policyholder has passed away?
- We're very sorry to hear that the policyholder of one of our policies has passed away. Our thoughts are with you and your family.
- We can cancel the policy in question, but we first need you to send us an email with a scanned copy or digital photo of the Death Certificate as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We'll then deal with your request as quickly as possible.
- We will not charge any cancellation fees.