How can we help you?
Categories: My cover , Home insurance

Does contents insurance cover accidental damage?

We have two levels of accidental damage under available under our products.

Limited accidental damage cover insures you against accidental damage to your radios, television sets (including set top boxes and satellite receivers) and personal computers, gaming systems, recording and audio equipment (excluding such items that are designed to be portable), mirrors and fixed glass. If you have our Essentials cover, this is an optional extra – otherwise we include this cover as standard in our contents policies.

Extra accidental damage cover extends the limited cover to include most contents against breakages and spillage, like spilling red wine on your carpet. This excludes clothing, stamps, freezer food and bikes. This is an optional extra under all of our contents policies. To find out how to add this cover to your policy, please click here.

For more information, please check your Home Insurance Policy or Policy Schedule, which you can download in the Documents section of your My account.

If this article wasn't useful try searching again:
Email is required!
Not valid email!
Something went wrong, please try again!
Email sent! Please allow a few minutes for the email to appear in your inbox.