How can we help you?

How do I change my buildings or contents cover?

  • Log in to your My account.
  • Scroll down to "My policies" section.
  • Find the home insurance policy you wish to change and select "Change policy".
  • On the next page make sure you enter the date you want the change to take place.
  • Then choose from the different links depending on what it is you want to change.

You can make the following changes:

  • Click "Change contents" to amend your contents sum insured or add/remove specific items from your cover.
  • Click "Change property" to update your buildings information/sum insured.
  • Click "Change cover options" to amend your level of cover or add/remove upgrades.
  • Click "Change payment details" to update your payment information.
  • Click "Change policyholder details" to change your contact information.

What changes can't I make online?

You'll need to contact us directly to:

  • Change policyholder's dates of birth.
  • Change your No claim discount.
  • Remove claims (you can add a claim via your My account).

We aren't able to amend the following:

  • Add/remove policyholder.
  • Amend direct debit date.

Please note that we reserve the right to apply an administration charge of up to £30 (subject to Insurance Premium Tax where applicable) for any adjustments you ask us to make to your policy, other than those detailed above.

If this article wasn't useful try searching again:
Couldn't find the answer you were looking for?
Contact us
Email is required!
Not valid email!
Something went wrong, please try again!
Email sent! Please allow a few minutes for the email to appear in your inbox.
Insurance is arranged by Aviva UK Digital Limited trading as Registered in England No. 09766150. Registered Office: St Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Policies are underwritten and administered by Aviva Insurance Limited. Registered in Scotland, No. 2116. Registered Office: Pitheavlis, Perth PH2 0NH. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.