How can we help you?
Categories: My cover , Car insurance

Can I drive my car in Europe and abroad?

  • Yes, you have Comprehensive insurance cover to drive your car in most European countries.
  • You can travel for up to 180 days in a given year - but no single trip can be longer than 90 days.
  • You don't have to let us know, or amend your policy in any way - but please take your certificate of insurance with you, enjoy your trip and drive carefully!
  • You do not need a cover note from us. Please log into your My account and download a copy of your Certificate of Insurance from the 'Documents' section.

For full details about this, please refer to page 21 of your Insurance Policy document.

What countries can I drive in?

With our Comprehensive insurance cover, as standard we give you Comprehensive cover for driving in Europe. The accepted countries you can drive in are listed and shown in green on the map below:

Driving through a lot of different countries? Email this answer to yourself for safe keeping.

Click here to find out how to add on breakdown cover to cover you in Europe and the UK.

If this article wasn't useful try searching again:
Couldn't find the answer you were looking for?
Contact us
Email is required!
Not valid email!
Something went wrong, please try again!
Email sent! Please allow a few minutes for the email to appear in your inbox.
Insurance is arranged by Aviva UK Digital Limited trading as Registered in England No. 09766150. Registered Office: St Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Policies are underwritten and administered by Aviva Insurance Limited. Registered in Scotland, No. 2116. Registered Office: Pitheavlis, Perth PH2 0NH. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.