How can we help you?
Categories: My cover , Home insurance

How will building work affect my home insurance?

Do I need to notify you of any upcoming building work?

You must notify us of any intended alteration to, extension to or renovation of your property. However, you do not need to tell us about internal alterations to your property unless you are creating an additional bedroom, bathroom or shower room. When you inform us of a change, we will tell you if this affects your policy, for example whether we are able to accept the change and if so, whether the change will result in revised terms and/or premium being applied to your policy. You can notify us by contacting us here.

Can you cover me while my house is undergoing structural or external renovation?

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide cover if you are carrying out structural or external renovations such as extensions and loft conversions. If you are intending to carry out such renovations, you may need to cancel your policy. You can find out how to cancel by clicking here.

My house will be unoccupied while building work is carried out, will this affect my cover?

Unless you are carrying out structural or external renovations and your house will be unoccupied for longer than the period specified on your policy, your cover will not be affected, and you do not need to contact us.

If this article wasn't useful try searching again:
Couldn't find the answer you were looking for?
Contact us
Email is required!
Not valid email!
Something went wrong, please try again!
Email sent! Please allow a few minutes for the email to appear in your inbox.