- Log into your My account (opens in a new window).
- Scroll down to "My policies" section.
- Find the car insurance policy you wish to change and select "Change Policy".
- On the next page make sure you enter the date you want the change to take place (Note: on the day you select to change to your new car we will cover you for the full day on your old and your new car).*
- Click on the "Change car" link.
- You do not need a cover note from your insurer when changing your car.
*You will still be insured on your old car until 23:59 on the day you've selected the change to your policy to take place. We will cover your old and your new car at the same time on this day to give you peace of mind.
If you have purchased a brand new car, and this isn’t recognised automatically by our system, just scroll down the page and you’ll be able to enter the vehicle details manually.
If you’re not able to manually enter the new details, please allow up to five working days for our system to update with the new information from the DVLA. You should then be able to change your car over.
Unfortunately we can't cover the following:
- Vehicles over 17 years old.
- Vehicles worth £70k or more.
- Significant modifications (other than optional extras fitted by manufacturer or dealer as new and declared in the car value, and those solely made in respect of a disability).