- You need business use cover if you or your spouse/partner need to use your insured car for driving to different business sites or attending prearranged meetings away from your normal place of work.
Please note, business use does not cover you using your car for commercial uses such as a taxi, courier activities or for delivering pizza.
Social, domestic, pleasure & commuting
- This covers you in the same way as social domestic and pleasure, but also covers you for "commuting", e.g., driving to and from your permanent place of work each day.
- Driving your car to the train station and leaving it there while you go to work counts as commuting and so does taking a passenger to and from their place of work each day.
Social, domestic & pleasure
- If you only use your car for normal everyday driving, such as visiting your friends and family, going to the shops or picking up your children from school, then you'll need to select social, domestic and pleasure use.
- However, this doesn't include commuting to work.
How do I add or remove business use?
- Log into your My account (opens in a new window).
- Scroll down to "My policies" section.
- Find the car insurance policy you wish to change and select "Change policy".
- On the next page make sure you enter the date you want the change to take place.
- Click on the "Change car" link.
- Scroll down the page to find the question "What is the car used for?" and select the type of cover you need.
- Once you've updated your policy your documents will be updated right away and you can review your vehicle usage on your Certificate of Insurance - you can download a copy of this in the documents section of your My account.
Please note that changes to your policy may affect your premium.
An administration charge of £12 (plus Insurance Premium Tax at the appropriate rate where applicable) may apply when changes are made to your policy either yourself via My account or by our customer service team.