How can we help you?

Am I covered for voluntary driving?

  • Yes, you have Social, Domestic and Pleasure cover for voluntary driving.
  • You don't have to tell us that you're participating in voluntary driving.
  • The only expense you can claim from voluntary driving is a mileage allowance.

Exclusions are Community First Responders and other types of 'Blue Light' voluntary driving. For full details about voluntary driving, please visit the ABI's website here (opens as PDF).

Claiming mileage allowance?

  • You must tell us about your mileage allowance or any other benefits you receive so we can ensure you don't make a profit from this type of driving.
If this article wasn't useful try searching again:
Email is required!
Not valid email!
Something went wrong, please try again!
Email sent! Please allow a few minutes for the email to appear in your inbox.