How can we help you?
Categories: Payments , Home insurance

Do I pay an excess if I make a claim?

Yes, the amount you have to pay will be selected as part of the quote process and will vary depending on the cause of the claim and whether it’s for buildings or contents:

  • Claims for subsidence will carry a £1000 excess.
  • Claims for an escape of water will carry a compulsory excess of £500 on top of the voluntary excess you have chosen for buildings or contents If your escape of water claim is for both buildings and contents, you will only pay one excess, whichever is higher.
  • The excess for all other claim types will be the sum of the compulsory policy excess and the voluntary excess you select as part of your quote.

You can see the exact amount you have to pay in the excesses section on your policy schedule.

If this article wasn't useful try searching again:
Couldn't find the answer you were looking for?
Contact us
Email is required!
Not valid email!
Something went wrong, please try again!
Email sent! Please allow a few minutes for the email to appear in your inbox.