We provide liability insurance as standard under both our buildings and contents policies. Liability cover is insurance which covers your legal liability to pay damages and costs to a claimant as a result of injury or damage to property arising from your occupation of the home, or as employer of a domestic employee.
If you have a contents policy with Quotemehappy.com, we provide the following coverage for liability:
- Occupier’s liability – this covers damages, costs and expenses if anyone is accidentally injured or falls ill, or property is accidentally lost or damaged whilst you are the occupier of the building.
- Personal liability – this covers you for liability in and away from the home if anyone is injured, falls ill or property is lost or damaged, caused personally by you.
- Employer’s liability - this covers you for liability against people you employ in a domestic capacity – such as a cleaner.
- Tenant’s liability – this covers your liability as a tenant for any damage to your landlord’s property under our standard risks.
If you have a buildings insurance policy, we provide the following coverage for liability:
- Liability to the public – This liability covers you as the owner of the property rather than the occupier. Cover is for damages, costs and expenses if anyone is accidentally injured or falls ill, or property is accidentally lost or damaged.
For more information on limits and exclusions, please check your Home Insurance Policy or Policy Schedule, which you can download in the Documents section of your My account.