How can we help you?
Categories: My cover , Home insurance

What do you cover as standard on my home policy?

As standard, we'll cover damage to your property from:

  • Fire and smoke damage
  • Explosion
  • Lightning
  • Earthquakes
  • Storm and flood damage
  • Riot, civil commotion, strikes, labour and political disturbances
  • Damage by malicious people or vandals
  • Collision by aircraft or other aerial devices, vehicles and animals (not domestic pets)
  • Theft or attempted theft from the home
  • Falling radio and TV aerials
  • Subsidence, heave or landslide
  • Damage caused by falling trees or branches
  • Leakage of water or heating fuel

Buildings cover

With our buildings policies, we cover the following as standard:

  • Damage to the building by standard risks (as listed above)
  • Replacement locks
  • Emergency access
  • Liability as owner
  • Rent and cost of alternative accommodation.

Contents cover

With our contents policies, we cover the following as standard:

  • Damage to contents in the home by standard risks (as listed above)
  • Valuables: standard limit
  • Valuables: single article limit
  • Fatal injury benefit
  • Emergency access
  • Rent and cost of alternative accommodation
  • Money in your home
  • Theft of contents from garages or outbuildings
  • Replacement locks
  • Food in freezers
  • Occupiers and personal liability
  • Employers liability
  • Tenants liability

For more detailed information about what we cover, please check your Home Insurance Policy - you can download this in the Documents section of your My account.

If this article wasn't useful try searching again:
Couldn't find the answer you were looking for?
Contact us
Email is required!
Not valid email!
Something went wrong, please try again!
Email sent! Please allow a few minutes for the email to appear in your inbox.